What Are the Options If a Resident Has a

Noisy Neighbor? Here’s What You Can Do

Circling the News received an inquiry from a resident asking what to do if a neighbor is playing music loudly or making excessive noise. “I’d like my quiet weekends in the Palisades back!” the resident wrote.

According to the LAPD website: “A noisy neighbor may create a disturbance by having a loud television, stereo, or radio. These types of complaints are best handled by a resident’s local police station because the loud noise is intermittent, occasional, or spontaneous. A loud party is also best resolved by the officers assigned to the area by calling the non-emergency (877) ASK-LAPD (275-5273).

According to the site, there are laws and regulations that exist to protect the public from excessive and annoying noise.

“The enforcement of noise ordinances depends on different variables existing at the time of the officer’s investigation. Sometimes officers warn the suspected violator, and that resolves the noise complaint. However, the officer may need to cite the violator, or submit an application of complaint to the City Attorney’s Office to resolve the noise complaint in an expedient and fair manner,” the site concludes.

If you call the LAPD and don’t receive results, please let CTN know and we’ll follow up.

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to What Are the Options If a Resident Has a

  1. Muray Levy says:

    Don’t know if this is typical but on a recent weekend when we called the LAPD non emergency number we were connected to a recording. Didn’t help much!

  2. Sue says:

    Has anyone else gone to the LAPD non-emergency number on a weekend and gotten a recording? Let me know and I’ll follow up.


  3. J. Swerling says:

    What about going directly to the City Attorney office? Isn’t this sort of thing their preview?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *