The cancellations below are the list that Circling the News has received as of 7 p.m. on Friday, March 13. If you have an upcoming event that is not listed and you would like me to add it to this list, I’m happy to do that.
- Following guidelines limiting the number of people in public buildings because of the coronavirus, the Los Angeles Public Library staff closed the Central Library and the 72 branch libraries through March 31. During this time, due dates for borrowed materials will be automatically extended, no late fines will be assessed, and patrons can return materials when libraries reopen.
- The Palisades Branch Library has notified people who hold meetings in the community room that the room will be closed to programs and meetings at least through March 31. The Palisades Senior Alliance and the Pacific Palisades Community Council have already announced cancellations.
- Palisades Alliance for Seniors is temporarily suspending its Monday-morning programs at the Pacific Palisades Library in response to community health recommendations and library closure. The March 23 and April 13 programs are cancelled and will be rescheduled. Decisions about subsequent programs will be made at a later time.
- The Pacific Palisades Optimist Club has cancelled its Tuesday morning breakfast meetings until further notice.
- The annual Palisades High School Gala and Auction, scheduled for March 14, is postponed–and tentatively rescheduled for Sunday, May 31.
- The annual St. Patrick’s Day dance and dinner at Ronald Reagan American Legion Post 283 this Saturday has been cancelled.
- The annual St. Patrick’s Day luncheon, scheduled for Monday, March 16, and served by Legion Post 283 auxiliary members to Vets, who reside at the VA in West L.A, has been cancelled.
- The March 16 Palisades Task Force on Homelessness meeting, which was scheduled to discuss “Homeless Youth– Hidden in Plain Sight,” has been cancelled and will hopefully be held in May.
The Pacific Palisades Baseball Association board of directors has canceled the Pancake Breakfast and Opening Day ceremonies this Saturday, March 14. Games, practices and batting practices have been postponed until further notice.
- Getty Museum and Getty Villa are closed, starting Saturday, March 14, until further notice.
- No book donations will be accepted by the Friends of the Palisades Library, 861 Alma Real Dr., the rest of March. (Visit: friendsofpalilibrary.org.)
- The March 18 Legion Post 283 and Auxiliary dinner and meeting is cancelled.
- The March 22 Palisades Symphony concert, conducted by Joel Lish, has been cancelled until further notice. The group’s website states that “the concert has been canceled due to the coronoavirus.”
- The annual Pacific Palisades Woman’s Club rummage sale, scheduled for March 28, is postponed. A new date will be announced.
- Choral conductor Susan Rosenstein notified singers in the Brentwood-Palisades Chorale that their May 3 concert of Bach’s B-Minor Mass has been canceled.
- LAUSD Schools are closed for at least two weeks. Many of the private schools in Pacific Palisades and the UC College Campuses are also closed. Check school websites for updates.
- The Pacific Palisades Farmers Market will be closed on Sunday, because LAUSD has closed the campus. The Brentwood Farmers Market will be open at 741 Gretna Green Way, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Circling the News received an email from Boule de Pain by Edie’s Pastries, a mainstay at the Farmers Market that they will deliver to Pacific Palisades. “To place an order, go on our website, put your order as pickup and put your address in the special request (Los Angeles & Beverly Hills). Minimum order $30. Please place your order the day before. Visit: bouledepain.com/order-online.”