Even as one starts dreaming about pecan and pumpkin pie, with whipped cream, on Thanksgiving, start your day earlier with the seventh annual Pacific Palisades Turkey Trot.
After a 5/10K run (or walk), one is entitled to a second piece of pie. The run lineup, which starts and ends at the Palisades High stadium track, will take place at 8 a.m. Thanksgiving morning. Medals and water will be available at the finish line.
The 5K goes through the Asilomar bluff area before doubling back to the stadium; the 10K continues down Temescal Canyon Road and ends with an uphill run. Street closures in the El Medio area and on Temescal will be from 5 to 11 a.m. on Thanksgiving.
Below is valuable information for the Turkey Trot:
- Parking is available off Bowdoin St. and Temescal and parking lots are open at the high school – enter from El Medio/Sunset. Please note that you may NOT drive south/west on Bowdoin or on Temescal at any time after 7 a.m. If you live nearby, please walk to the stadium.
- Gates open at the stadium at 6:30 a.m.
- Fast runners are asked to start at the front, and slower runners, walkers and strollers are asked to go to the back of the pack.
- NO dogs allowed on the football field or track (school rules).
- Both races start at 8:15 a.m. and awards will be presented at 10 a.m.
Adults (18+) who preregister are $40 for the 5K and $45 for the 10K; on race day the fee is $45 and $50 respectively. Children are $25 for the 5K and $30 for the 10K (same as race day).
For those that preregister, packets may be picked up from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on November 25, 26 and 27 at Palisades Funding, 860 Via De La Paz, #B5. Day of race registration closes 15 minutes prior to 8 a.m. Proceeds from the event support the Hearts with Hope Foundation and LAFD. To register, visit paliturkeytrot.com/